In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
73% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss. Source
Anyway, just thought I’d share my $.02 with everyone regarding the world’s best dental floss.
And how does this fit on a web site about “fun stuff” you ask???? Just you wait and see…
World’s Best Dental Floss
It’s the Oral-B Satin dental floss. It’s much wider than traditional floss. Most dental floss is like string, but this one is more like a thin, flat ribbon.
It’s kinda slithery as it slides gracefully between your teeth. It’s not got any “coating” per se on it (except for the minty flavor which is really strong, yet pleasant), but for some reason it never gets stuck between any of my teeth like some other brands do. (Must have something to do with the “satin” effect.)
Lifetime amount of dental floss purchased by the average person: 18 yards. Amount that should be bought per person: 122 yards (figuring one foot a day). Source
The best part: It will not shred, or fray, or break… ever! Plus, it’s comfortable to grip and control, even when it’s wet.
I got this travel-size one from my dentist. (I take it everywhere I go.) Then I ended up stocking up on a 2 year’s supply of Oral-B toothbrushes, solely for the fact that each came with a complimentary travel size of the Satin dental floss.
So, truthfully, I have no idea if they even make this stuff in full-size containers. Nor if it’s even sold on the retail market! Heck it coulda just been a one-time special offer for all I know. (Hope not, but I’ve still got a couple of year’s worth of it stockpiled away just in case.)
Oh, and it’s said to be preferred 2-to-1 over Glide — which is currently the best-selling floss in the United States.
In fact, I signed up to receive a free full-size sample of Glide dental floss from the Crest website. So now I can judge for myself which is really the best!
Fun (& Funny) Facts About Dental Floss
- In 1996, Americans bought only 12 inches of dental floss per capita. (…dental hygiene went all to hell that year!)
- What’s 18 inches long, costs only $7 a year, is strong enough to have freed prisoners from their cells, yet submissive enough to wrap around your little finger?… It’s “Super Floss”.
- There is now Dale Earnhardt dental floss and Jeff Gordon dental floss!
- Who knew they are studying the world outlook for dental floss?!
- Common flossing mistakes.
- Meet the creative team that created Glide dental floss. It’s “the first floss that resisted shredding” (and the #1 competitor to my fav Oral-B Satin brand).
- Play “Plaque Attack” — an online game mostly for kids, but it’s cute. (You squirt toothpaste at the yucky piece of plaque before they land on your teeth.)
- The proper way to floss.
- Dental floss history.
- Did you know there was a vegan dental floss?!?! Me neither til I read this article about oral hygiene trends.
- The easiest way to tell someone they have bad breath… send ’em an online postcard!
I like to help people find clever ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Beauty Tips and Beauty Hacks that most people wouldn't think of. With beauty products (like hair care, skincare, and makeup) and personal care items (like teeth issues, body odor, undergarments, and <em>other</em> topics that very few people enjoy talking about)… I share my own honest firsthand experiences that I think others would appreciate hearing about and find helpful. Especially for topics that are usually very "private" and most people don't like to talk about publicly! When I'm not trying new beauty products and organizing all my "stuff", you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).